It’s a fine morning: perfect for crafting a visual story for some of the most impactful tech unicorns in the country. After a leisurely breakfast and hot beverage, you sign in to work and check in with your team. Then, it’s down to business.
You begin by brainstorming ideas creative ideas with your pod for a fintech unicorn startup that’s changing the way people look at money and time. You provide creative direction for the team, taking the lead in determining the problem, encouraging potential solutions, and facilitating low-fidelity assets needed to pitch ideas.
You also take some time to advocate for your team’s work at the stakeholders’ table, while simultaneously enabling high impact work to be put into production. With every discussion and task, you evolve as a senior visual designer at one of the leading product consultancies in India. You understand that complex technology, when simplified and made ubiquitously accessible, finds its own ways to change the world.
This is a glimpse of what work as a Senior Visual Designer at Obvious might look like.
This could be you!
What you will do
- Work with the project team and craft visual design guidelines and deliverables for some of the most impactful tech unicorns alongside a versatile team of product designers, user researchers and visual designers
- Collaborate directly with the founders and the executive teams
- across high-stakes initiatives and convey a compelling visual story
- Advocate for design by collaborating cross-functionally with product and engineering teams
- Mentor designers in the team and help them benefit from your expertise and experience
What you will need
- Excellence in visual design craft
- 4+ years of experience, designing for delight, layered over usability design
- Experience designing for multiple platforms (iOS, Android and Web)
- Have a deep understanding of visual hierarchy, typography, iconography, layout etc.
- Proficient in visual design tools needed for the role
- Ability to articulate design decisions through clear written and oral communication
- Authentic connections within the industry
What you will get
- A dedicated spot in a culture-centric, principle-driven, equal opportunity organisation
- The freedom to work remotely, at your own pace, and towards your preferred goals
- Mentoring from some of India’s most coveted designers and engineers
- A lit-up path towards sought-after design or engineering leadership roles of the time
- An environment to practice compass leadership in and learn as you go along
- The freedom to nurture methods and practices that create outcomes
- Free access to mental health support and comprehensive family healthcare
- A learning budget to splurge on whatever you need to grow personally and professionally
- The newest tech to enable your best creative work
- A seat with your name on it in our sprawling central Bengaluru office
- Regular offsites, customised goodie bags, surprise coffee tasting sessions, and more